Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
Empower Change, Drive Sustainability: Join us as a Sustainability Controller and help drive the future of sustainability and integrated reporting!
We are hiring two Sustainability Controllers who will work in close collaboration with VP Group Accounting and VP sustainability to realise our sustainability strategy. Sustainability is a priority for the Odfjell group. Our sustainability strategy sets out the main responsibilities for integrating a sustainability focus into strategy and day-to-day operations, and as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Play a pivotal role in advancing Odfjell Technology’s and Odfjell Drilling’s commitment to sustainability
- Contribute to quality management of accounting and ESG reporting, including compliance to corporate guidelines and general ESG accounting rules, legislation (ESRS, national regulations)
- Contribute to process and system improvement initiatives, challenge and support the organization towards continuous improvement
- Assist in audit related tasks when needed
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual ESG data reporting on behalf of operational business areas in Odfjell Technology and Odfjell Drilling
- Gathering, improving, and internally controlling data
- ESG reporting guidance and support for Business Segments, functions and/or Rig Managers (as applicable)
- Maintain a good cooperation and communication level with all relevant parties within GBS, Business Areas and Corporate functions
- Contribute to knowledge sharing across the business areas
- Take initiative and ownership regarding improvements on ESG system setup and business process improvements
- Develop and support procedures for the capturing of ESG data
- Master degree within accounting and/or sustainability management
- Competence within ESRS framework (experience preferred)
- Knowledge of or experience with the use of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accounting and reporting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and professional experience in developing and maintaining efficient reporting and ESG data capture processes
- Knowledge and professional experience within relevant IT software and systems supporting ESG processes
- Report writing and with the ability to present complex data in a clear and understandable manner
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Action oriented and adaptable
- Ability to understand the needs of and deliver optimal solutions to the business
- Proactive and open to change
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret legislation
- Attention to detail
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- A challenging position with good opportunities for individual and professional development
- A competent working environment, high employee satisfaction and enthusiastic colleagues
- Flexible work-hours
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Mobile phone, home internet connection, and welfare benefits
We use Semac background checks in our recruitment process.
Contact person: Karoline Flåte
Contact number: +47 95245654
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.