Senior Design Engineer – Norway
Are you interested in taking on a key role within our growing R&D department?
Odfjell Technology is a market leader, actively seeking to increase and diversify our product range as we realise our strategic growth ambitions. We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer who is capable of delivering development projects from conception all the way through to manufacture for Drillfloor Equipment. In this rewarding role you will be working closely with our operations teams and Product Line Managers to develop custom solutions and bespoke products to support our global product line.
Odfjell Technology is a stock-listed company providing integrated offshore operations, well services technology, and engineering solutions. The company has over 2000 employees and is present in more than 20 countries worldwide. By combining 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow, our people develop solutions for the changing energy market.
Founded on a culture of respect, empowerment and open dialogue, the Odfjell family is known within the energy sector for recruiting people of the highest standards and investing in their ongoing development. We offer the opportunity to gain valuable experience, together with competitive terms, benefits, and a satisfying and motivating workplace with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our workforce is proud to work for the Odfjell family. As a new member of the Odfjell family, you will be encouraged to use your initiative, experience and talent to help deliver the company vision. No matter your location, we expect our employees to represent our core values by being creative, competent, result-oriented and committed, while always being safety conscious. More information about the company: www.odfjelltechnology.com
In this role you will;
• Be part of a highly competent, engaged and multi national team that strives for continuous improvement and success
• Be able to play a key role in our development journey and grow both personally and professionally
• Get the opportunity to travel international
Typical tasks will include;
• Design lead on product development projects
• Lead prototype assembly and testing on assigned projects
• Ensure accurate and error free engineering deliverables
• Ensure effective and value adding communication
The ideal candidate will possess;
• Creative mindset and problem-solving capabilities
• Track record and background in product design
• In depth experience in Tubular Running or Drilling products
• Experience in FEA analysis methods
• Knowledge of manufacture and metallurgy
• Good understanding of relevant industry standards
• Ability to deliver projects from conception to manufacture
• Willingness to be a role model and to mentor and develop others
Location and package
You will be based in Stavanger, Norway with the opportunity for regular travel to Dubai.
We offer a competitive package and flexible working with a focus on ensuring work/life balance for our employees.
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible home office opportunities
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.
Contact person: Greg Rankin
Contact number: +97 1558647089