In Odfjell Technology, our vision is to use our heritage andexpertise to support the energy transition. Our overall aim is to safelydeliver services and technology which reduce time, costs, and carbon emission.
Marine Operations is looking to employ a Marine superintendent at our office in Bergen totake part in the combined effort of our team that consist of academic skilledpersonnel, personnel with operational marine and maritime experience to ensureoptimized operations of mobile offshore units, and particular jack ups.
MarineOperations provides a variety of marine operations, and includes a group ofmarine engineers, and marine advisors with experience from planning andexecuting of demanding marine operations.
Rig move ofmobile offshore units from one location to another including but not limitedto; logistics, marine strategies, analyses and execution.
Mooring ofinshore and offshore units including procedures, vessel contracting, mooringequipment and analyses.
As we seean increased demand for our specialized services we are seeking for motivatedindividuals, to join our team within Marine Operations.
Are you motivated to contribute in a hectic working environment with the“can do” spirit, we are looking for YOU.
- Certified Master Mariner class 1 or Deck officer class 2/3. (extensive practical experience from relevant marine operations may compensate for lack of formal certification)
- Operational experience, preferably from MODU and Jack-up
- Knowledge and experience from Jack-up
- Relevant experience from marine offshore operations
- Knowledge and experience from marine operations in harsh environments, such as rig move of jack-ups, mooring of offshore units and MODUS
- Familiar with applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards (such as DNVGL, NMA, PSA, NORSOK, IMCA and others)
- Familiar with specific Jack-up rig move planning such as SSA, SSA-I and SSA-E
Job description / work tasks:
- Responsible for planning and following up on marine operations
- Support Odfjell Technology in various activities within the field of expertise, herein planning and execution of Marine operations, rig moves, modifications and upgrades. Etc.
- Take a leading role in development projects and initiatives within the field of marine operations
- Communication with rig organization/client, operational personnel, project managers and external third parties
- Passion for marine operations
- Analytical mindset with an ability to navigate complex challenges
- Committed, motivated and safety conscious
- Creative and constructive
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- Long term contracts with our clients, securing the workflow in the years to come
- The group is facing challenges that creates professional and personal development
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance, and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic, and caring working environment