Competent and enthusiastic Marine Advisor
We in Odfjell Technology are looking for an experienced Marine Advisor at our office in Bergen with the “can do” spirit that is motivated by challenges in a hectic working environment.
Odfjell Technology is in the forefront of developing new, green marine concepts (such as floating wind), as well as ensuring the highest possible operational efficiency of our client’s offshore assets. We are now looking for a competent and enthusiastic Marine Advisor to join our team.
Qualification/ Experience/ Knowledge:
- Qualified Master Mariner or higher marine/technical education (MSc, BSc or equivalent) within the field of marine operations. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as marine contractor, OIM, AHTS Master, MWS or similar
- In depth knowledge of planning and execution of complex marine operations in harsh environments, such as rig moves, installations, heavy lifts, load outs, transport and sea fastening
- Extensive offshore/in field experience, preferably from semi submersibles
- Experience with design, construction and/or SPSs, preferably semi submersibles
- Experience from non-oil related projects such as offshore wind, electrification, fish farms or similar is considered an advantage
- Up to date knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards, such as DNVGL, NMA, PSA, NORSOK and others
- Proficient computer skills in relevant software
Job description / work tasks:
- Responsible for the marine operations discipline in studies and projects for Odfjell Technology’s clients
- Support our client’s assets in various activities within your field of expertise, herein planning and execution of rig moves, offshore modifications and upgrades, subsea installations, etc.
- Take a leading role in development projects and initiatives within the field of marine operations
- Communication with rig organization/client, operational personnel, project managers and external third parties
- Marine package management
- Provide tender support, such as scope definition and CTR development
- Contribute to cost estimates and business cases
- Perform surveys, onshore and offshore
- Contribute to the development of Odfjell Technology’s Marine discipline; including work methods, procedure development and analysis software
- Passion for marine technology and green innovation
- Analytical mindset with an ability to navigate complex challenges
- Committed, motivated and safety conscientious
- Creative and constructive
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
- Ability to work independently and in teams
We can offer:
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and exciting working environment
- Highly qualified colleagues within all disciplines
- Diversified and challenging tasks
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.