Junior Business Controller
Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
OdfjellTechnology Finance Operations are looking for a newJunior Business Controller!
Due to increased activities, ourteam of 11 highly competent controllers are looking for a new colleague.
- Assist in daily continuous cost control and business management on assigned entities/rig(s)
- Responsible for timely invoicing and cash collection from clients – hereunder securing correctness and completeness of invoice
- Assist in month end reporting on assigned entity/rig(s) and all relevant legal entities
- Contribute to improved risk management for assigned entity/rig(s)
- Contribute to optimize cash flow for assigned entity/rig(s)
- Obtain an overview and familiarize with relevant contracts in order to perform correct invoicing and cost control, in addition to ensuring proper business management
- Provide constructive business management support to relevant Rig Managers and Rig Core Teams
- Maintain a good cooperation and communication level with all relevant parties within GBS, Business Areas and Corporate functions in order to secure quality and completeness in financial statements and reports
- Contribute to quality and timely delivery of tender activities if required
- Contribute to Business Management improvement initiatives, hereunder challenge and support the organization towards continuous improvement
- Take initiatives and ownership regarding improvements on financial system setup and business process improvements
- Perform ad-hoc analysis when required by VP Finance in assigned BA
- 2-5 years relevant education within finance and accounting
- Interest and motivation in developing and maintaining efficient financial processes
- Interest and motivation in learning relevant IT software and systems supporting Odfjell Drillings accounting processes
- Proactive and highly developing communication and cooperation skills
- Structured, service oriented and task focused
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Flexible home office opportunities
- Mobile phone, home internet connection, welfare benefits
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.
Contact person: Andreas Kvam
Contact number: +4795763126