Engineer – Drilling Equipment Integrity Management
In Odfjell Technology, our vision is to use our heritage and expertise to support the energy transition. Our overall aim is to safely deliver services and technology which reduce time, costs, and carbon emission.
Technical Integrity Management is a department with highly talented professionals. We deliver first class integrity services to our client, securing uptime and utilization of their asset and tools. Our integrity services include structure, pressurized systems and drilling related equipment. We use historical data (operational data, inspection data etc.) combined with analyses and manufacturers recommendations to make inspection plans and programs. We perform root cause analysis and defect evaluation of findings to secure maximum uptime for our clients’ assets.
To our office in Bergen, we are searching for engineers to strengthen our team within Drilling equipment Integrity Management.
Are you motivated to contribute in a hectic working environment with the “can do” spirit, we are looking for YOU.
- Technical, Bachelor or Master degree within engineering (or equivalent)
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
Job description / work tasks – Drilling equipment integrity engineer:
- Maintain and further develop tools for collecting and organizing condition data
- Plan and execute inspection programs established.
- Document that the asset fulfils the requirements given by the owner, classification society, and governments.
- Evaluation of findings and root case studies.
- Perform surveys, onshore and offshore.
- In field activities (onshore and offshore) to verify and secure the quality of condition data.
- Follow up design-, construction-, inspection- and operation-teams, and verify that drawings and other documentation are correct (As-Is verification)
- Project execution
- Technical input to tender
- Follow up suppliers to ensure good quality.
- Experience with manufacture, inspection, repair and certification of drilling equipment.
- Good knowledge about the criteria’s established in DNV-OS-E101 Drilling plant, API 8B, API 7L and API RP 7G-2.
- Knowledge about various conventional and advanced Non-Destructive Testing methods.
- Knowledge about failure mechanisms that can influence the integrity of the drilling equipment
- Knowledge and experience with risk-based inspection and condition-based inspection.
- General understanding of Petroleum industry standards, rules, and regulations such as Norsok, DNVGL and API.
- Any 2D/3D-design experience is an advantage (Autocad, etc.)
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental conscientious
- Committed, motivated
- Creative and constructive
- Determined and result oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Extensive computer skills
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges that open up for good professional and personal development
- Extensive course programs
- Project management course/general management training
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment