Business Management Controller Ops
Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
We’re growing our business and are looking for a talented Business Management Controller for a newly established position within Odfjell Technology Operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with and support the VP Finance in the day-to-day running of the finance function
- Oversee month-end closing, budget process, forecasting, cash forecasting and year-end reporting for specified entities
- Contribute to increase the quality of the monthly management reporting within the assigned business area, and ensuring adherence to corporate guidelines
- Enhancing business management processes
- Engage in monitoring the performance management system, ICE – Improved Competitive Edge
- Strengthen expertise and knowledge-sharing within the finance team, including further developing an efficient Business Controller team together with the VP Finance
- Engage in business management improvement initiatives, actively challenging and supporting continuous organizational development
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as requested by VP Finance in connection with tender processes and new business opportunities
- 5+ years relevant education within finance and/or accounting (MSc., MBA, CFA, Siviløkonom or similar)
- 5+ years experience with financial controlling and/or accounting processes
- Growth mindset
- Knowledge and professional experience in developing and maintaining efficient financial and business management processes
- Structured, service oriented and task focused
- Proactive and highly developed communication and cooperation skills
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Relevant background from as Business Controller, Corporate Controller, Project Controller or similar
- Some years experience with an audit firm would be beneficial
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Flexible home office opportunities
- Add benefits for your location (mobile phone, home internet connection, welfare benefits)
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.
Contact person: Andreas Lian Kvam
Contact number: +4795763126