Business Controller Projects and Engineering
Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead. Odfjell Technology is perfectly placed to move into the next phase of operations. Now our finance team is looking for a new colleague to strengthen our team. For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for permanent employment. Are you the one we are looking for?
- Daily continuous cost control and business management
- Timely invoicing and cash collection from clients and optimise cash flow
- Period-end reporting on assigned entity/reporting unit(s) and all relevant legal entities. Period-end reporting includes, but not limited to, monthly/ quarterly/ yearly closing of actuals, 12 months rolling forecast update, management reporting, VAT and other tax, statistics, other legal reporting and external reporting
- Filing and documentation on assigned entity/reporting unit(s) and all relevant legal entities
- Communication with external client/ rig owner / group auditor on assigned entity
- Cash flow reporting, budgeting
- Contribute to financial and commercial risk management, contract management and contract follow up
- Contribute to quality and timely delivery of tender activities when required
- Contribute to Business Management improvement initiatives
- Take initiatives and ownership regarding improvements on financial system setup and business process improvements
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years relevant education within finance and accounting
- >5 years’ experience within financial and accounting processes
- Knowledge and professional experience in developing and maintaining efficient financial processes
- Proactive and highly developing communication and cooperation skills
- Structured, service oriented and task focused
- Audit experience is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Experience with business control for an Engineering company or an Oil & Gas Service related company is an advantage.
You are proactive and focused and have excelent communication skills
You are stuctured, service orientated and enjoy working as part of a team
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Flexible home office opportunities
- Add benefits for your location (mobile phone, home internet connection, welfare benefits)
- We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.
Contact person: Stig Straus-Olsen
Contact number: 92611825